4/7/2014 10:53 AM
The Supercategory Modules provide a means of generating customised listing of event categories and links into your events page.
Configure the supercategory module. (In page edit mode)
- Add the module to a page.
- Goto the module settings and select the main Actravia module you want to link to and update. (more on settings later)
- Select "Manage Categories" from the module menu
- Click "Add New" to create a new supercategory
- In the following screen, add the details for the supercategory link, explained below.
- Click update
You have now created a supercategory and the item will appear in the module list.
- Super Category Name - By default this will appear in the list as the link text
- Link HTML Content - If specified, will override the link text and will allow you to use HTML inside the link anchor tag. This allows for example. you to use an image as the content to be surrounded by the
- Tooltip - Tooltip text
- Member categories - The super category allows you to select multiple categories to be included in the link results. The results list will create blocks of categories and list within them the associated event types
- Serve Content - there is an extension module, the supercatepory satellite content module. You can add html here to be served in that module when the events page is opened. Use this to display customised content such as promotions based on supercategories.
NOTE the URLs generated by the supercategory module passed to the main Actravia module:
vt=sc (viewtype = supercategory)
sc=nn (the id of the supercategory)
scmin= nnn (source module id for the supercategory)
You can hide the supercategory module from the page and use the url directly if you so wish. Just make sure the supercategory module remains on the site.
Customising the displayed listing
The layout of the results that are displayed when the main events module is called from the supercategory module are configured in the supercategory module settings.
- The instance of the main module to link to is specified
- Each selected category will be displayed in turn according to this template of header, item and footer
- Each item is the event type that is a member of the category being displayed
- Tokens can be used as described in the user manual, available from the resources section of the website.